Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good Bye Mum...

My mum passed away on 18 Sept 2009. She fought her battle against colonrectal cancer for 2 years. Although the sickness has conquered her body but GOD conquered death. She had no fear facing death. She no longer suffer pain and left the world peacefully.

When I was young, my mum nagged all the time. "SHOWER ALREADY??", "GO COLLECT THE CLOTHES!", "COME AND HELP ME COOK DINNER!!", "PREPARE THE TABLE FOR DINNER!" etc etc. Her loud voice frightened me all the time.

Sometime I wonder why she kept shouting at us? Why can't she behave like other aunties? Mui Kim auntie fetch her daughterS from school once in a while but my mum didn't. Mui Mang auntie bought lots of TV game for his sons but my mum didn't. Eldest auntie used to stay at home and cook lunch everyday but my mum didn't. Why is she different?

She was teaching us to be independant. She didn't fetch us from school so that we can learn the importance of punctuality and not to miss our school bus. She didn't buy us toys so that we can learn to be friendly and play other's toys for free. She didn't stay home to cook us lunch so that we learned how to manage our own life. My mum is the best teacher I ever had.

Thanks mum. You taught me well. Your early demise was my loss. I'll miss you a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment